Monday, June 29, 2015

DoTA 2

So, DoTA 2 the godfather of the entire MOBA genre. As a League player, I cri every time I hear someone say they play it (yes, that means you Adrian) but truth be told LoL probably wouldn't exist if it weren't for DoTA so I'm quite grateful for it. Admittedly the game has its own strengths and it actually is pretty fun, but sadly I just don't really enjoy it as much as LoL. Let's compare though and really take a look between League and DoTA.

MY OPINIONS ON DOTA 2
Before I start an entire war on this topic I just want to clarify none of the two games are better than the other, I just want to discuss some of my thoughts of the game and why I personally don't enjoy DoTA as much as compared to LoL. For this post I will go through one of the three phases of the game and I will cover the other two in another post as to not make this one too long.


LANING PHASE
The laning phase for both games last around 10-15 minutes and for both game whatever happens during that time is quite similar it's in objective, but the gameplay will be slightly different. Farming,  is a term used for last-hitting minions to gain gold in order to buy items for your characters to become stronger. The objective of the laning phase is to "farm" up so that after the laning phase each hero will have enough items to brawl against one another to siege objectives.

In DoTA you can last-hit your own minions in order to deny the enemy gold and experience that they could have gotten. That's some of the things I really liked and wished it would be implemented in LoL, especially since everyone is getting better at last-hitting and this would really separate the good from the great players.

Many people say that LoL is much slower paced as compared to DoTA. Which I don't really agree on, the other noticeable difference between DoTA and LoL is that in DoTA spamming abilities will be very cost heavy and you will run out of mana fast. Whereas in LoL during the laning phase with the low mana cost on abilities, you are pretty much encouraged to spam your abilities to harrass your opponent. So while you have to concentrate on last-hitting the minions you also have to watch out for your oppone

So that's all for now, this will be a short one as I don't have too much time to be writing a long post but for the next post I'm planning on writing one on CS:GO so stay tune for that. :)

nt's abilities and also keep the enemy jungler in your head.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. Personally I like the fact that DoTA skills are more mana-costly because people have to be smarter when using them. But its an interesting take :D

    ReplyDelete