Saturday, July 4, 2015

InterVarsity Competition.

Well I did something that I actually thought I wouldn't have the time to do again once I started university, which was to join some gaming tournaments. Then again it was only a rookie tournament so practicing was not really needed and furthermore there were some restrictions, one being that your teammates must be in the same school as you since this was an interschool competition.

We played our first game at around 12 p.m. and I took this picture during the loading screen. If you can't see the picture properly, the reason why I circled the guy on the left is because the 4 of us had a diamond border and  the guy I circled was playing on his smurf which only had a silver border so I felt like it kinda ruined the picture. :(

This part is just for clarification for some of those who don't play LoL. The borders that I mentioned earlier represents our rank which starts from bronze, silver, gold ,platinum, and diamond. To put into perspective, as I said earlier this was a rookie competition so the majority of people that went for it were around silver to gold. "Smurf" is a term used when someone that is of a higher ranking plays on a lower ranking account.






So basically I got really lucky in terms of teammates since there were 2 other semi-pro players and one of them being my classmate and with 2 other pretty decent players as well. We did really well (obviously) with every game being ended around the 20 minute mark (a game normally lasts at least 40 minutes).

The picture on the right was at the end with us coming out on top. I wish we would get sponsored by Taylor's. #FreeAdvertisingForTaylor's





Before I end this post I just want to explain more on the intervarsity competition, as you can see the banner on the left explains the stages that will take place until the grand finals with the grand prize of 5 iPads (which I will sell later on so if you're interested do get hold of me xD) and a prize pool of RM6000.

If you're interested in taking part you still have 2 more chances as the qualifiers is still ongoing, you can check out more details here.

With that I conclude today's post I'm sorry I've been unable to post frequently as I've been busy with some other things as well but I will definitely try my best to post a bit more often, have a good day. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment